- Hilarious and adorable photo series - A Day in the Life of a Squirrel.
- Apparently separating Oreo cookies is very important. How important? Watch.
- Incredible telescopic view of a volcanic eruption from space.
- Fun Hermes fingerskating ad.
- Love this cat duvet cover. Wishlisted.
- Astonishing photographs of the sun by Alan Friedman.
Have a good weekend, everybody!
- Shocking truth about wealth distribution in America.
- Very impressive. Slow and quiet demolition of a building in Japan.
- Great interactive website – Magnifying the Universe.
- These cat sticky notes are adorable.
- What does 200 calories actually look like? See these compelling photographs.
- Have we been listening to Beethoven wrong all this time?
- Stunning ticket art by Mia Wen-Hsuan Liu.
- Interesting book design - Fahrenheit 451.
Have a great weekend, folks!
- Definitely backing up this great Kickstarter project – Connex modular wine rack.
- Shaking dogs pictures. Enough said.
- Amazing – a pen that allows you to draw in 3D space.
- This transforming house is all kinds of awesome.
- The world’s most expensive Starbucks coffee drink.
- Think your home is small? Look at Hong Kong’s illegal microapartments.
- Very clever. Can You See The Meaning of Life poster.
- How To Tie a Bow Tie – lovely tutorial and a fun animation. And yes, bow ties are cool.
Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!
- What if milky way were visible in New York. Amazing photo collages.
- The Eames house needs your help.
- Funny and adorable squirrel feeder.
- That’s how they cut ice in Japan.
- If you haven’t marveled at this super dry material – you should, it’s amazing.
- Moon hoax not – the video that proves that in 1969 it was easier to land on the moon than fake the footage.
- A new brilliant marketing move – interactive mannequins.
- And something for the senses – Cabin Porn, a blog dedicated to cabins.
Have a pleasant weekend, guys!
- A stunning animation – Life Cycle of a Drop of Water.
- This Astronaut Comforter made me chuckle. I would have loved it when I was 5.
- An amazing human story made entirely of foam - The Eagleman Stag.
- Possibly the cutest toothpick holder I’ve seen so far.
- Hilarious. Dark Day, a cool parody of the famed Nuit Blanche.
- These polyethylene vases are fantastic.
- An interesting minimalist concept - Sleepbox Pods hotel in Moscow.
Have a great weekend, everybody!
- People with the Eames fetish – for your enjoyage! Eames Lounge Chair debut in 1956.
- Really heart these tool-themed temporary tats.
- I dedicate this to everyone who hates winter as much as I do – People vs Winter.
- Data storage in DNA becomes a reality? #Gulp…
- Possibly the most elaborate hand drawn maze ever made.
- Ever wondered how to wash hands in space? Watch.
- A dramatic surprise button ad now has a sequel. Equally dramatic.
- Self-driving car on a parking lot… I can see 27 ways how it can go wrong in New York City. Impressive nonetheless.
- Beautiful and fun hotel design in Barcelona.
- If the weather is keeping you indoors, you might as well watch this documentary about the Wall Street crisis. I just did, it’s fascinating.
Have a safe weekend, folks!
- 10 cures for techno stress by Julie Carlson.
- Possibly the most epic bookend I’ve seen to date.
- This just blew my mind – painting-inspired photography by Erwin Olaf.
- A gorgeous 4-story garden home. My real estate envy is in flames.
- An unsettling short animation about humanity’s destructive behavior.
- A dream home for cats by Asahi Kasei.
- I’m in love with this to-do app at the moment. Even though it’s often very mean to me.
- And something adorable for the senses – bird perch/amplifier.
Enjoy your weekend, folks!
- NYC announces micro apartment design competition winner.
- A mesmerizing installation that depicts time’s passing.
- How addicted we are to our phones? Enough for needing a special phone-friendly umbrella and phone-friendly soup bowl.
- Hilarious and true – dogs as fonts.
- This week’s weather in NY made me wish I had this chair.
- This is absolutely delightful – a 1905 film by Georges Méliès, the father of special effects.
- Kids drawings turned into actual toys. So cute!
- Yandex, Russian alternative to Google, has a rather striking office.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
- Absolutely brilliant book cover for Orwell’s 1984.
- If you heart Tina Fey as much as I do – you will enjoy this read. (via swissmiss)
- Florian Gross, who created my favorite storage item of all time, emailed today to brag about his new project - Nordic Fashion Design Store. It’s quite a looker, don’t you think? Love the simplicity and use of the material.
- Fruits like you’ve never seen them before. A collection of re-imagined fruits and vegetables by Sarah Illenberger.
- The world’s loudest purring cat, possibly a future Guinness record winner.
- Lapka – a cool gizmo that collects information about your invisible surroundings and displays it on your phone.
- Here is a bright way to deal with unsightly cordage – Wire Skyline.
- Lumoback – an iPhone app that reminds you not to slouch.
Have a pleasant weekend, guys!
- Beautiful site! Interactive collection of Leonardo’s works.
- A bird nest made from a planter? Yes!
- Mind-bobbling sculptures by Tomohiro Inaba.
- Death Star ice mold – every proper geek needs one (I do).
- Absolutely beautiful animation about nature and science – Ode to a Flower.
- What a great idea - a to-do list for things you want to do, not the things you have to do.
- Ever had to clean a big fondue dish? If you have – you’ll appreciate this little invention. Fondue Mugs.
- A world without textiles is a ridiculous place according to this funny new IKEA campaign.
Have a lovely weekend, folks!