- People with the Eames fetish – for your enjoyage! Eames Lounge Chair debut in 1956.
- Really heart these tool-themed temporary tats.
- I dedicate this to everyone who hates winter as much as I do – People vs Winter.
- Data storage in DNA becomes a reality? #Gulp…
- Possibly the most elaborate hand drawn maze ever made.
- Ever wondered how to wash hands in space? Watch.
- A dramatic surprise button ad now has a sequel. Equally dramatic.
- Self-driving car on a parking lot… I can see 27 ways how it can go wrong in New York City. Impressive nonetheless.
- Beautiful and fun hotel design in Barcelona.
- If the weather is keeping you indoors, you might as well watch this documentary about the Wall Street crisis. I just did, it’s fascinating.
Have a safe weekend, folks!
- 10 cures for techno stress by Julie Carlson.
- Possibly the most epic bookend I’ve seen to date.
- This just blew my mind – painting-inspired photography by Erwin Olaf.
- A gorgeous 4-story garden home. My real estate envy is in flames.
- An unsettling short animation about humanity’s destructive behavior.
- A dream home for cats by Asahi Kasei.
- I’m in love with this to-do app at the moment. Even though it’s often very mean to me.
- And something adorable for the senses – bird perch/amplifier.
Enjoy your weekend, folks!
- NYC announces micro apartment design competition winner.
- A mesmerizing installation that depicts time’s passing.
- How addicted we are to our phones? Enough for needing a special phone-friendly umbrella and phone-friendly soup bowl.
- Hilarious and true – dogs as fonts.
- This week’s weather in NY made me wish I had this chair.
- This is absolutely delightful – a 1905 film by Georges Méliès, the father of special effects.
- Kids drawings turned into actual toys. So cute!
- Yandex, Russian alternative to Google, has a rather striking office.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
- Absolutely brilliant book cover for Orwell’s 1984.
- If you heart Tina Fey as much as I do – you will enjoy this read. (via swissmiss)
- Florian Gross, who created my favorite storage item of all time, emailed today to brag about his new project - Nordic Fashion Design Store. It’s quite a looker, don’t you think? Love the simplicity and use of the material.
- Fruits like you’ve never seen them before. A collection of re-imagined fruits and vegetables by Sarah Illenberger.
- The world’s loudest purring cat, possibly a future Guinness record winner.
- Lapka – a cool gizmo that collects information about your invisible surroundings and displays it on your phone.
- Here is a bright way to deal with unsightly cordage – Wire Skyline.
- Lumoback – an iPhone app that reminds you not to slouch.
Have a pleasant weekend, guys!
- Beautiful site! Interactive collection of Leonardo’s works.
- A bird nest made from a planter? Yes!
- Mind-bobbling sculptures by Tomohiro Inaba.
- Death Star ice mold – every proper geek needs one (I do).
- Absolutely beautiful animation about nature and science – Ode to a Flower.
- What a great idea - a to-do list for things you want to do, not the things you have to do.
- Ever had to clean a big fondue dish? If you have – you’ll appreciate this little invention. Fondue Mugs.
- A world without textiles is a ridiculous place according to this funny new IKEA campaign.
Have a lovely weekend, folks!
- Everyone who travels a lot will appreciate this innovation – ExtraLarge flexible bag.
- Stunning appetizer utensils - Scoop-Stab-Spread.
- Simply mesmerizing - laser cut street map.
- What a timely topic… Portraits of gun owners in their homes.
- Half chair, half harp – one awesome object.
- Fascinating and mind-blowing – inside Bank of England’s gold vault.
- This app sounds absolutely fantastic. Let’s hope it really is. Mailbox for iPhone is launching this year.
- And something any gadgeteer can use – a battery powered portable changing station.
Have a restful weekend, everyone!
- What a cool idea – biblio-mat, a used book vending machine.
- Minimalist wooden Christmas tree beautifully packaged.
- What words really mean: David Foster Wallace’s dictionary.
- A beautiful short documentary about landmine clearance.
- A bit disturbing and yet stylish - 72 year old man models teen-girl clothes.
- Some interesting insight about Google Glass.
- The history of high heels – fun article.
- Incredible unknown oceanian species.
- Hilarious video – which dog is the guiltiest.
- And an eye-candy for book lovers – colorful book stack snapshots.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
- Social space architecture by Matthew Mazzotta – cool structures and a beautiful concept.
- An official cat toy of NY – The Sky Scratcher.
- 40 interesting small bedroom ideas.
- Architects and designers created a series of downloadable architectural structures for dogs.
- A bright approach to social adverts – Dumb Ways to Die.
- Highly silly, but fun – If Fonts Were Cats.
- The most beautiful butcher shop I’ve even seen.
- Stunning images of Earth from space.
Have a fantastic weekend, folks!
- An utterly stunning project – Wine Museum in Lavaux.
- Raising an Eames aficionado? Then this East House block set is a must.
- Fascinating. Birds teach secret passwords to their unborn chicks.
- The Ministry of Silly Walks clock – instantly wishlisted .
- Wild animals like you’ve never seen them before – amazing photography by Tim Flach.
- Something cool for next summer – Yield picnic bag/blanket.
- Gorgeous and designy new hotel in Nolita, NY.
Have a fantastic weekend, everybody!